Preparing your Dayton heating and air conditioning unit before winter can be key in keeping up its longevity. Follow some easy steps to make sure it is ready for winter.
1. Thermostat: It's always a good idea to check your thermostat to make sure it's working properly. On a cool morning, try turning on the heat to the temperature you are going to want it on during the winter. If the HVAC Dayton unit isn't able to get up to that temperature, you may have a problem that needs dealt with before the freezing temperatures come.
2. Air Vents: Go around the house and make sure there is nothing covering the air conditioning vents. If they are blocked or air is restricted, that needs to be taken care of quickly. If the HVAC system doesn't receive the proper amount of air flow, it works harder and puts more stress on the Dayton heating and air conditioning unit. That will cut down on the amount of life it will operate for.
3. AIr Filters: If you aren't already in the habit of changing out the air filters, this will be critical at the turn of the season. Not only does it make the air you breath cleaner, it keeps a lot of build up from occurring in the HVAC Datyon system itself. The more dust and dirt that collect, the greater the chance of a break down. That costs much more than an air filter.
4. Noises: Listen for unusual noises that may indicate something is wearing out or isn't quite right. If you hear anything out of the ordinary, give HVAC Dayton a call. Catching a problem early saves you in the long run.
5. Get a 25 point inspection done on the system: Have one of our techs come out and inspect your entire system. We will keep it running effectively and efficiently. Do this before the harsh weather hits to prevent an emergency situation. It may sound cliche or just a sales push, but preventing break downs before the worst time they could happen is very important. Don't leave your family in the cold, just have a quick inspection done to ensure comfort, quality, and affordability. Call HVAC Dayton for your heating and air conditioning needs. 937-470-1759
Using an Electric Heater or your Dayton heating and air conditioning system?
When it comes between using your HVAC system or a electric heater (space heater) here are a few things to know and consider as a compliment or a replacement to your Dayton furnace.
An electric heater takes electrical current and converts that into heat. There are a few different types of heaters out there. Some are meant for energy efficiency, like a Duraflame Maxwell Electric Stove. This type of unit looks like a small fireplace and can heat one room up to 400 square feet. It can shut itself off if it senses it is getting too hot, making it safer. It does not, however, have the ability to maintain a constant temperature throughout the room or household for that matter.
Other types of electric heaters Dayton are meant for small spaces and can still be efficient, but are for very small spaces, such as the HMP1500 Mica Panel Heater from De Longhi. It can offer good heat in a small space.
Why choose a small space heater over your system? Maybe you are tired of high electric bills from heating your entire home. Perhaps you don't feel the need to heat all of your house, but just a couple of areas. These types of Dayton electric heaters have their uses.
Many people use the two types together in harmony. They keep the house heated to a bearable temperature to save money, but have an electric heater in a more commonly used area. Choosing the right Dayton heating and air conditioning specialists can make a major difference as well. We strive to educate you in your system as best we can to save you the most money and give you the highest quality service HVAC system available. No matter what your need, count on us to keep you comfortable. Call now for a free estimate. 937-470-1759
Emerson, a leader in the HVAC industry among others, has published a report ranking Ohio as the best state to have a heating and Air Conditioning job in. WIth over 1,400 certified technicians accompanied by 8 accredited trade schools to train more, and competitive median salaries, Ohio has it! What does that mean for you as a customer?
It means you have some great options in who you choose to work on your heating and air conditioning Dayton and around the state. We are in a time where skilled HVAC technicians are in high demand. With the Dayton area experiencing growth yet again, there is even more demand. We understand that and the need to send you competent professionals that know how to fix and replace Furnaces and AC units for the long term. That's why HVAC Dayton is committed to hiring the best technicians with a great background their field. There is a considerable amount of technicians and others in the field that are retiring. It is refreshing to know that, in Ohio, we have the facilities and means to train us the next generation of HVAC engineers. If you know a young person who is trying to find the right career, suggest HVAC. There are going to continue to be plenty of jobs in this field in the coming years.
California and Illinois come in second and third under Ohio. It's nice to be known for something positive. It's something else to take pride in our state for. We stand proud with those in our industry who have given us a good name.
Emerson’s ranking draws on HVAC salary and future employment data from the U.S. Department of Labor; trade school locations recognized by the Partnership for Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Accreditation; heating and cooling degree days calculated at DegreeDays.net.